Its monsoon, and its raining products in the Health Insurance space. It unbelievable that, 3 of our last 5 blogs are about new product launches. But, wait this one is different, this is a rare launch of a Senior Citizen Health Insurance policy!
Its great news for our Senior Citizens, as more products gets tailored for them. Till recently, we had the PSU Varishtha products, Bajaj Allianz's Silver Health, Max Bupa's Heart Beat and Star's Senior Citizen Red Carpet, as options. Apollo Munich's launch of Optima Senior widens the choice for our Dad, Mom and even our Grandparents!
Is it worth your attention and money? Go ahead and read our exclusive review with detailed comparisons.
Salient Features of Apollo's Senior Citizen Plan - Optima Senior
- Minimum Entry Age - 61 completed years.
- No Maximum Entry Age.
- Renewable for Lifetime.
- Coverage options of 2, 3 and 5 Lakhs.
- No Claim based loading.
- Coverage of Domiciliary Treatment.
- 140 Day Care Procedures covered.
- Sum Insured can be upgraded to the next higher sum insured, without medical tests, provided there are no claims in the policy.
- No Claim Discount of 5%.
- Family Discount of 5%.
- 7.5% Discount for 2 years policy.
- 15% Co-pay, if you opt for Shared or lower Room.
- 15% Co-pay, on Day Care Procedures.
- 30% Co-pay if you opt for Private or higher room in Hospital.
- Copay applicable for specified ailments like Cataract, Hysterectomy, Arthroscopy etc. (Note, if this Copay applies, the earlier mentioned copay will not be applied)
- Pre-existing ailments covered from the 4th year.
- Standard 2 years waiting period for diseases like Cataract, Hernia, Joint replacement etc.
- Apollo policies are not available for Diabetics.
Quick Comparison of Senior Citizen Health Insurance policies with Apollo Optima Senior
- The product looks great in features, and is simple, since it has just a copay and no other sub-limits, room rent limits.
- Attractively priced!
- In our experience working with Apollo we have seen it applying Permanent Exclusions for ailments, instead overriding the 3 year waiting period clause. So, people with ailments like Thryoid, Asthma etc. could be subject to Permanent Exclusion.
- If your parents are healthy, without any ailments, or past medical history, this is a good product to consider.
- If your parents suffer from Diabetes, or a Critical ailment like Paralysis, Stroke, Cardiac issues, Renal failure etc. there are very dim chances of you getting cover under this product.
This product will be available to customers from 10th August 2012. Keep watching this space for truly exclusive product launches and more :)
Questions? Feedback? - Go write a quick comment down below!