Various spices and herbs add lots of value and taste to our foods. When a dish is cooked, it is important to add the right ingredients in the right proportion to achieve the best taste. There are many ingredients that we add to a dish not only to achieve taste but also to give health benefits.
Rosemary is one such ingredient. Rosemary is an evergreen herb that is found in the Mediterranean. Its amazing fragrance makes it a popular condiment for food and it is also used in perfumes. Rosemary's culinary journey has been one of a kind. Used as a herb in many popular dishes it is known to add a lot of taste and nutritional value. Somewhere it is used in marinating food to add flavor and somewhere it is used as dried powder. Rosemary not only adds taste to the food but also increases its nutritional value.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF ROSEMARY:
- Besides adding great taste to the food rosemary is also rich in various nutrients like iron, calcium and vitamin B6
- It helps in alleviating muscle pain
- Rosemary is also known to boost the immune system since it has antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties
- It is also a good for people with slow hair growth
- Rosemary improves blood circulation
- Is used to treat indigestion
- It also enhances memory and improves concentration
- A component found in rosemary called ‘carnosic acid' is believed to be good for the brain as it saves the brain from damage
- It also prevents muscular degeneration
- It also relieves pain and detoxifies the body
- It also heals skin conditions
ROSEMARY IN DAILY DIET:
We have well established that rosemary not only adds aroma and flavor to the food but it also brings in lots of health benefits also. Such a wonderful herb must be included in our daily diet.
- Rosemary is one such herb that is well suited for a variety of foods like soups, salads, meats, fishes & stews
- Drinking rosemary water on a daily basis can help you maintain your beauty and skin
- Drinking rosemary in hot water before meals helps with better digestion and liver support
- Marinating: Foods like chicken & lamb can be marinated with rosemary before cooking
- Dried rosemary powder is readily available in the market. This can be added with other spices while cooking
- Rosemary tea is also one of the popular and beneficial drinks that one can include in the daily diet
- Adding rosemary to salads makes them healthier
- Flavor of rosemary goes well with fish
- Rosemary oils are also available that can be used in various ways
However, we also need to keep a few things in mind while using rosemary. Too much consumption of rosemary by pregnant women is not advisable as it can cause uterine contractions and miscarriage in some cases. People will high BP must also avoid rosemary as it elevates the blood pressure.