Inflammation is body's first reaction to infection or irritation, so it isn't a bad thing per say, however, in some cases, the immune system starts attacking body's own cells and triggers inflammatory response, resulting in many diseases that we call as "Autoimmune disorders", like arthritis, celiac disease, and so on!
In such cases besides the medical treatment, it will be beneficial if one takes certain anti-inflammatory foods in the diet to ease the pain and manage the condition!
Here are 10 foods that are anti-inflammatory:
- Blueberries: Blueberries are said to be anti-inflammatory fruits because they are low in fat and high in antioxidant. Anthocyanin and quercetin, flavonoids are the powerful substance present in blueberries that help to fight inflammation and even cancer.
- Salmon: Salmon is said to be an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acid. Studies and research have shown by adding salmon in diet one can reduce inflammation and may lower risk of chronic diseases such as cancer, heart diseases, and arthritis.
- Pineapple: An enzyme name found in pineapple helps to repair and resolve muscle soreness because of significant levels of potassium. It also helps in digestion process by breaking down the food. Pineapple is said to be an excellent anti-inflammatory fruit.
- Green Tea: Green tea has an anti-inflammatory substance that might help to prevent cancer and heart diseases. A compound called epigallocatechin gallate polyphenol content found in green tea make it a stronger anti-inflammatory mixture than other black teas.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: like spinach and broccoli both have anti-inflammatory properties. Broccoli is a highly super nutritious vegetable that helps to fight inflammation. Again spinach is full of vitamin K, iron and fibre and an anti-inflammatory vegetable that helps in process of cleansing the body.
- Ginger: Ginger's has Gingerol, which acts as an anti-inflammatory substance. According to studies, this compound blocks several genes and enzymes in the body that promote joint swelling and inflammation.
- Turmeric: It contains a principle substance of yellow-coloured chemical known as curcumin. Curcumin and other chemicals in turmeric might aid in decreasing inflammation. Because of this, turmeric might be beneficial for treating conditions that involve skin inflammation.
- Almonds: Are loaded with Vitamin E and also contain high amounts of unsaturated fats that reduce inflammation. In addition, they are a great source of the omega-3 fatty acids, which helps to prevent inflammation.
- Tomatoes: Red tomatoes are rich in lycopene, which had shown to reduce inflammation in the lungs and throughout the body.
- Beets: Can prevent inflammation due to potassium, magnesium, fibre, vitamin C and plant pigments called Betalains.
The above mentioned foods are very rich in nutrients. They have specific benefits towards reducing inflammation.