Nowadays knowing something is easy, just a click of a button and you have your answer. In this process sometimes it becomes hard to memorize stuff and hence when really needed, not available to use. Truly in our world full of information and tit-bits how much can we expect the mind to hold.
Hence we decided to bring forth some facts about something very common and useful, - ‘fruit of the wise men'. Caught your attention, haven't I. Well it's Banana. The old botanical name for it is Musa Sapientium which somehow translates to the fruit of wise men, also it is believed that the ages in India used to sit under banana trees to attain enlightenment and may have come from there. Pretty bizarre I know.
As far as nutritional value goes, bananas are ripe with it full of fibre, potassium, Vitamin B6, C and at the same time very low is sodium and fats. They also hold magnesium, antioxidants, copper, iron, zinc, calcium, Vitamin A, B1, B2, and more. But I am guessing you may be already aware of it, I will give you some other interesting facts about this wonder fruit:
- Despite being high in carbohydrates and other nutrients, bananas are 75% water. So they are great for health
- I am sure, quite a few of us would have seen a banana tree, but do you know that it's not really a tree. It is a plant whose stem grows above and quite high and fooled us into thinking it a tree. Interestingly banana belongs to the berry category of fruits. Berry strange if I say so myself
- It's great for your health, but it is also superb for your mood. Feeling low, munch a banana and it'll bright up your day. How? With its composition, it helps create Serotonin in the body, which makes us feel happy and not depressed. Now I know why kids are so happy and full of energy all the time!
- Can't stop yourself from munching, banana comes to rescue. Not because they are very filling, but also because the smell of it can suppress your hunger. Research says that it can make your brain think it has consumed it without really eating
- Oh! And just so bananas float in water. No, they cannot replace your swimming skills or life jacket, but it's just a fun trivia
There is a lot more about bananas, but I hope they have found a way into your meals as well. They are like an instant energy bar, and what with they being so purposeful, it's difficult to avoid them. Can be eaten raw, they find themselves in salads, health drinks, and they make for some yummy desserts. Especially for us, what with India being the largest producer of bananas, we find them easily available. Also, try them before they go extinct according to some researchers.
So GO BANANAS!