I hope you know that we are your well-wishers. Everything that we suggest is with the intention of making life better and to help you stay fit. Now on that note, we understand that to maintain a complete check always, although beneficial may not be feasible. So we are suggesting 5 things that you can easily keep a tab on and ensure that you steer clear of many health risks.
Here's the list:
BMI (Body Mass Index)
Fasting Glucose Levels
Let's take them up one by one:
- BMI: Like the name suggests it's the proportion of muscle, fat, and bone mass in the body. Meaning how much of what is making your total weight. Knowing this helps determines if you are doing fine, or if you are underweight, slightly overweight or dangerously obese. Maintaining ideal weight goes a long way for healthy life. Weight is among the first indicators of any ailment waiting to happen. By providing the break-up it lets you know which area needs attention, for you to maintain an active healthy lifestyle.
- Waist Circumference: This one doesn't need explaining. The enlarged waistline is a problem faced by many men and women alike. However it doesn't just affect the sought after physical appearance, but according to research, an increased waist signifies higher risk of cardiovascular diseases. For men 40 inches or more and women 35 inches or more, puts you at risk of suffering type 2 diabetes, blood pressure concerns, and heart risks, even if your overall weight is fine. So pick that inch tape and if they don't show the right figure, time to do some planks and crunches.
- LDL Cholesterol: Thanks to advertising, by now we all know that HDL is good cholesterol and LDL is bad cholesterol which damages arteries and poses heart failure threats. It's anti-healthy life. The higher levels of LDL means a higher risk of heart attack, strokes, decreased blood supply to body and brain, due to narrowed arteries. And all other predecessors that follow these health risks. A simple blood test can help you know your levels.
- Triglycerides: This like cholesterol, is another type of non-dissolvable fat in the blood. The normal level for this to be effective and healthy in the body is less than 150mg/dl. Anything above indicates health hazards. A higher level of this would impact heart functioning. It can also result in atherosclerosis (hardening of arteries) which may further result in strokes or failure. What we need to understand is with heart's improper functioning, you can never be healthy.
- Fasting Glucose Levels: This test is to check if you are diabetic or not. Normal range for non-diabetic status is between 70-100 mg/dl. Anything between 101-125 is pre-diabetic and anything above 126 is diabetic if tested regularly at the same level. Diabetes in itself sometimes doesn't show any recognisable effects.
Now, these problems in themselves like stroke, heart failures, diabetes are lifelong issues that hamper the quality of life. Hence we suggest that simple blood test will suffice to find out 3 of them and other two are even easier to check. So do not hesitate and do this for yourself.
Keep a tab on these and manage control of your health and your life!