Summer is here already, so here is a quick guide on how to keep yourself hydrated and going! I hope you know that we can stay without food for 6 weeks but cannot survive without water for more than one week! But the question here is why test your body till that limit and why not keep it hydrating and let it function normally!
How much water one should have?
The fluid requirement is different in all individual and is based on sex, age, air temperatures, activity level, where one lives etc. So to answer this question that how much water an individual require is little difficult. It is not only plain water that is considered, it is an overall intake of water in other forms too such coffee, tea, fruits, vegetable etc.
- A general study suggests 8 glasses of water in a day
- For women 11 Cups in a day
- For men 15 plus cups in a day
- Children from age group of 4 to 8 must have 5 cups
- Children from age group 9 to 18 years should have 7 cups
Why we need water?
Water is said to be the cornerstone of all body function. Human body lose water by performing physical activity, sweat, breath, urine, and bowel movement and we need water for:
- Flushing out toxins out of the important organ.
- Carrying nutrients to body cells
- Water maintains the moistness of tissues in eyes, ears, throat and nose.
- Helps to maintain quantity of blood in human body
- Lubricate tissues of joint
- All liquid keep your body hydrated since water is free from calories and sugar it is considered as the best choice
Some fun and innovative ways to consume water:
While some of us might make it a point to intentionally consume water daily, others may not, others find it a task, they find plain water tasteless and boring and end up drinking less! The idea here is to drink water without adding unnecessary calories by adding sugary syrups, so we are providing you innovative ways to include water it in your daily life:
- Natural flavor of orange, lemon, or any citrus fruits, when added in water, will give tasty flavor and motivate you to drink more water
- Use of water apps will keep a track of water consumption and in turn motivate you and encourage you to stick to your plan
- Add a little bit of fun, Hydrate yourself with water-based fruits like watermelon, cucumber, lettuce, grapefruits, and home- made ice pops
- Carry a water bottle with yourself always. Spend on stylish, good quality and re-usable water bottle that can motivate consume more water. Tiny bottles can bother you instead use larger one
- Set a goal by keeping a post-it on your desktop or fridge will act as reminder for consuming water
- Make a daily routine like before sleeping or after waking up, before meals consume water
- Place colorful rubber bands on your water bottle. Keep on removing as you start consuming water
So chose any idea listed above and keep yourself hydrated, do something new and exciting this year! Let this be a year of good and healthy change!