The mention of the name ‘Kashmir' brings to mind the serene beauty and lovely visuals, with majestic lakes and blooming flowers. But the mention of Kashmir would always be incomplete if the food and cuisine are not mentioned. Kashmiri cuisine has many mouth-watering dishes and drinks in it that are made with a lovely blend of spices. Today we talk about one the most famous drinks of Kashmir that is the ‘Kahwa'.
Kashmiri Kahwa, is also referred to as magic tea in India for many years and it definitely does justice to its name. One cup is enough to lift up your spirits and fuse energy into you. Basically, Kashmiri Kahwa is nothing but fragrant tea that is prepared by blending in spices. It may also be called as a form of green tea. Kahwa is also consumed in Pakistan, Afghanistan and some parts of central Asia. Kahwa is also famous for its great aroma and for almost all Kashmiris it is a part of their daily diet.
Here are benefits of a cup of freshly brewed Kahwa:
- Since it is natural and organic, Kahwa is caffeine free
- It helps in fat burning
- Kahwa also helps in better digestion
- A cup of freshly brewed Kahwa is good for stress relief
- It is also an energy drink that can energize the body quickly
- It works as an anti-oxidant
- Relieves headache
- Kahwa provides the immediate sense of upliftment, infuses warmth in the body
- Kahwa also helps in immunity boosting
- You can maintain a healthy skin by consuming Kahwa
- Lowers the risk of high calories and hence also keeps the heart healthy
Kahwa tea has been an integral part of our civilization. It is deep rooted in our culture and tradition and it brings in lots of health benefits also. This fitness beverage is one of the best things that the state of Kashmir has given us. So next time you crave for a cup of coffee or tea, try Kahwa instead.