The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd was established on 12 September 1947 at Mumbai. The Company started off as a completely owned subsidiary of the Oriental Government Security Life Assurance Company Ltd. It was created with the primarily objective to carry out General Insurance business.
Oriental Insurance Company Ltd has its headquarters in New Delhi. It has more than 15 thousand employees and around 30 regional offices and 900 operational offices in various cities of India. Oriental Insurance Company Ltd boasts of having an efficient customer service team with high levels of technical qualification. They have been awarded the highest rating from leading Indian credit rating agencies ICRA and CRISIL.
Oriental Insurance Company has developed various types of health insurance plans that suits the needs of urban and rural population in India.
Let’s understand more about the various products offered by Oriental Insurance Company:
Individual Mediclaim Policy is a health insurance cover which takes care of medical expenses of the insured in case of sudden illness, accident or surgery which is required in respect of any disease which has arisen during the policy period.
Oriental Individual Plan:
- Maximum sum insured up to 5 Lac.
- No Co- Payment clause.
- Room rent is covered as 1% of the Sum Insured per day.
- ICU rent is 2% of sum insured.
- No surgery /treatment capping, covered up to sum insured.
- Reimbursement of cost of health checkup after every 4 continuous claim free year. The cost of reimbursement shall not exceed the amount equal to 1% of basic sum insured.
Family floater policy
Happy family floater policy is a policy designed to cover health care expenses for the entire family. The sum insured remains fixed while the premium amount depends upon the number of family members and the age of the members. This is the only policy which allows you to include parents or parents in laws in the same policy
Oriental Happy Family Floater Policy
- Maximum sum insured up to 10 lacs.
- Policy covers self, spouse, kids and parents/parents in law under single floater coverage.
- If policy covers self, spouse and parents along with kid then premium calculation will be done as per the age of proposer, which is an unique benefit of policy.
- Policy has two variants: Silver policy (1lac to 5 lac) and Gold policy(6 lac to 10 lac).
- No capping on treatments/surgeries.
- For claim free years Insurance Company will provide discount in premium ranging from 5% to 20%.
- No medical test required for persons up to the age of 60 yrs.
- Gold plan offers as an inbuilt cover of daily cash allowance and attendant allowance up to a specific limit.
- Add on benefit of personal accident and critical Illness.
Settling claims from Oriental Insurance Company
Oriental insurance company offers option of cashless service or reimbursement facility for their claims. They commit to settle all health insurance claims within 30 days on completion of all requirements. You can contact your health insurance broker for any complaints and grievances or call Oriental Insurance Company on their Toll Free Number 1800 11 8485.
To know more about products from Oriental Insurance
Contact Medimanage.com – India’s No.1 Health Insurance Broker providing unbiased Health Insurance advisory, since 1999 or Post your inquiry at the following link: http://www.medimanage.com/inquiry.aspx