In recent times, one of the most talked about weight loss transformations in Bollywood has been of Sonakshi Sinha. This stunning lass, became a star after a grand entry in Dabangg where she was paired against superstar Salman Khan. Ruling the hearts of numerous admirers, Sonakshi Sinha has got a sexy curvy body to be envious of.
This 5 feet 6 inch 23 years old damsel who has won million of hearts was never like this. From weighing 90 kg when she was student of fashion designing to a healthy 60 kg now she has a lost a whopping 30 kgs of weight.
We take you through the journey of how discipline and determination helped Sonakshi achieve her challenging dream of losing weight and looking great
How did Sonakshi Lose 30 kg?
Sonakshi always followed a sedentary lifestyle and survived on junk food. She had never exercised all her life.
Her trainer chalked out a plan which involved a variety of cardio, weight training and spinning exercise to keep her motivated. The initials days were difficult, but the determination to lose weight kept her going. Her first milestone of losing almost three to four kgs in one month boosted her confidence and interest to lose weight and build a svelte figure. Sonakshi has keen interest in working outdoors so she added a game of lawn tennis to her regime.
Though Sonakshi is a foodie by nature she built her will power to follow a high protein, low carb diet where she had to cut junk food completely, reduce her intake of carbohydrates and incorporate healthy fats.
Sonakshi’s weight loss diet regime:
Breakfast: Cereal and milk or whole wheat toast
Mid morning: Some dry fruits and a cup of green tea
Lunch: Homemade roti and sabzi with salad
Evening: A fruit or a cup of green tea
Dinner is usually early and consists of only protein food. She does not have carbohydrates after 6 pm
What is Sonakshi’s present diet and fitness regime?
Since Sonakshi has a tendency to easily put on weight she is working hard to maintain her shape. The news is that she is going another mile for her role in race 2.
- She takes small meals every three to four hours to keep her energy levels high.
- She performs hot yoga for toning her body. She performs various yogic postures in a steamed room with 40 degree temperature.
- She enjoys playing outdoor sports and hence has incorporated lawn tennis to her daily schedule.
Sonakshi’s diet secret for all those who wish to lose weight
- She advises all weightwatchers to stop eating carbohydrates after six in the evening and drink several cups of green tea throughout the day
- Regular exercise with a professional trainer is very important to lose weight systematically
- She also advices everyone that that are no short cuts to losing weight. Being disciplined, determined and not losing hope for the entire period till one reaches the target weight is essential
Sonakshi Sinha firmly believes that losing weight is not only about seeing shrinking numbers on the weighing scale but it is an emotional journey where you need to be determined to sacrifice your favorite foods to achieve your goal.