You see ads of fairness creams, advanced fortified shampoo and various hair gels for men which you might watch while sitting in front of your television. This is evidence showing how even men now are taking efforts for grooming themselves giving tough competition to opposite sex. From hot Arjun Rampal to ever famous VJ Ranjveejay, all believe in grooming themselves.
The common notion that men are less concerned about their looks than women is because they have always been perceived as masculine and macho, rugged and strong. But research shows that men too are equally interested in grooming like their opposite sex. Listed below are few basic tips which is must for all the men, so have a look and get started.
Facial Care tips
Cleansing: Boys, do you know that you have 15% oilier skin and significantly larger pores than women do. Because of larger pores, skin gets dirtier easily and hence it is very important to clean the face 3-4 times a day. Deep cleansing with a good face wash is advisable as it keeps the pores clear and skin healthy. While selecting the face wash or soap, opt for chemical free or herbal products which are safe to use.
- Scrubbing: Travelling out, pollution, sun tan, all these can give your face a dull look. Scrubbing once a week can help you get off this dull look by removing dead cells on your skin and can give you a fresh look. Be gentle while scrubbing and make it a weekend ritual for healthy skin.
- Moisturizing: Moisturizing skin daily is not only important for women but also men. It is advisable to use a light moisturizer on your face and neck after cleansing and shaving each time. Along with moisturizing, men should also adapt the habit of using sun block to protect from suntan.
Hair care tips
- Hair is an important part of the personality and thus needs special attention too. So if you think only washing hair everyday is enough then you are wrong. Along with clean hair, a haircut which suits your face can add a lot to your personality.
- Oiling the hair occasionally to strengthen the hair follicles is advisable. A mild, non-detergent based shampoo should be used to clean the scalp. Men suffering from dandruff should use appropriate anti-dandruff shampoos.
- Gray hairs should be treated carefully using henna or hair colours. Men having thin hair should opt for a short haircut as long hair need more care and maintenance efforts to keep them clean and neat.
- Hair styling gels can be used to set the hair occasionally. Using hair gels regularly can damage your hair as they are loaded with various harmful chemicals.
Other Body care tips
- Exclusive men salons offer manicures and pedicures to clean the hand and feet to keep them well toned and in good shape. Body massages, facials help improve the blood circulation and can be opted over the weekend for relaxing.
- Hair on the earlobe can be waxed regularly to avoid embarrassing moments. Threading helps to get rid of bushy, ill shaped eyebrows and give a neat and clean look. Hair on the chest is a major turn off for some women. Men who prefer the bare body look can wax their chest and for those who don’t like it can trim it.
- Regular exercise and a well balanced diet are also necessary for an overall good looking appearance.
- Many men face problems of body odor and foot odor, by maintaing proper hygiene and using body and foot deodorants you can easily overcome this problems.
All the men out there, if you are not taking good care of yourself, start it right now!